The Superheroes Movies Trivia Quiz Book
Are you the ultimate superhero movie fan? If so, you will enjoy this entertaining and equally as challenging 160 question quiz pop culture book. Test your knowledge on Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and many more big screen superheroes. There’s also a few of your favorite villains tossed in for good measure. Play along with friends and family to see who is the biggest superhero movie fan of them all! But most of all, have fun!
Paperback version cover shown.
Why We Love Superhero Movies
Why do people love superhero movies so much? Is there a certain age when we get too old for such fantasy? I used to think so, but not anymore. I was once the editor of a national magazine titled: Power Heroes and Villains and kids weren't the only ones reading it. The publication went on and off for about two decades covering the likes of Power Rangers and Pokémon and later on when the new crop of superhero movies started to hit the big screen, we featured Spider-man, Superman The Avengers and X-Men on the covers.
Did you know that out of the top 100 highest grossing films of all time, 23 are from traditional comic book superhero movies?
It was no surprise that when Marvel The Avengers premiered in 2012 became the all-time box office grossing movie. The sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron rests at the number 7 position. Mostly Marvel movies dominate the list including previously mentioned titles along with Iron Man 3 and Captain America: Civil War. The Dark Knight Rises comes in at 21.
Our fascination or to some obsession really began with Superman back in the mid-1930s. In 1940 both Superman and Batman saw their first serial releases to film. Since the 1960s superhero TV shows and films were a regular staple in Hollywood. But it wasn't till the early 2000's that the market was actually taken seriously.
Though most of the movies on this list feature mostly Marvel or DC Comics characters, Pixar gets a nod for its cast of original characters. Following a few Internet surveys, perhaps the three most reasons why we love super hero films include:
We have an innate desire to be more than who we are, we want to see justice served for those who suffer and we thrive on seeing characters with personal struggles look beyond themselves to do what is best for other people around them.
So next time you watch a superhero film, think about how the characters struggle, how you relate to their issues and how you can rise above in your own life to right the wrongs.
So,if you love watching superhero movies, The Superheroes Movies Trivia Book is for you, and you don't have to be a nerd to enjoy it! Not that being a nerdy adult is such a bad thing.
Do you have what it takes to see how many questions you can get right?
Quiz #1 Questions
Here's a few questions at the start of the book. Do you know the answers?
1. Who is Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight?
2. True or False. The ring on Mandarin's finger is the same one Raza wore in the first Iron Man film.
3. Fill in the blank from Captain America: Civil War.
Nick Fury: "S.H.I.E.L.D. takes the world as it is, not as we'd like it to be."
Steve Rogers: ___________________________.
4. How many hours of make-up was Alan Cumming forced to endure to become Nightcrawler for church scene in X-Men 2?
5. Fill in the blank from Batman Begins (2005).,Jim Gordon: "I never said thank you."
6. What year was depicted in the beginning of Ant-Man (2015)?
7. True or False. In The Wolverine (2013), Yukio and Viper are mutants and Harada is not. In the comic they are the opposite.
8. True or False: An early draft of Iron Man revealed Tony Stark to be the creator of Dr. Otto Octavius's tentacles from believe it or not, Spider-Man 2 in 2004.
9. What is the Vampire Bible referred to in Blade (1998)?
10. Fill in the blank from Iron Man 3. The Mandarin: "You don't know who I am. You'll never see me coming. My soldiers are coming. So run away, hide, because nothing can save you!"
Tony Stark: "__________________"